Monday, October 19, 2009

Irony of Christianity

Christianity is a strange thing, an encounter of life with life. An encounter of man with Man. An encounter of man with a man who is God. Christianity makes for a strange paradox. It makes me believe that I am a treasure for it calls me a son of God if I wish to be living in obedience and surrender to the Father's will. I have the privilege of sharing his son ship and I am a treasure. Christianity also makes me aware what a wreck and refuse I am. As I am nothing unto myself and all that I am, is through God and of God. I need God's mercy to touch my life that He chooses to share the divine magic of His life with the ordinary apathy of my human life. I am a wreck and yet a treasure. Nothing is mine and yet in humility, everything is.

No comments: