Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ordinary Little things

Yesterday, I was glad of the way things were going. Gladness for the way things were going? If I could feel gladness for way things go and not necessarily for events, rewards, smiles, presents and objects then it goes without saying that I have humbled my threshold for gladness: all-encompassing and embracing.
Little things should make us happy. Why don't ordinary little things make us happy? Why only should graduating, positive feedback, A good thing, Victory or fulfillment from primary passions give us joy? Is happiness derived from sense of achievements? Probably. I do not have to start research to prove that. But what is our sense of achievement and why are we very sophisticated when it comes to feeling a sense of acheivment? I am doing engineering? I have received an award?Chance of recognition? received credit?I gave a remarkable performance?
why not also try this: Ordinary little things done well and with love...with sincerity and under god's sun. This sense of achievement is for me beyond compare...
We have big aims and we don't realize sometimes that the heartache and daily anxiety of these 'long-term' aims abet the failure of daily little successes. A goal, year away on the calendar may see us so self-indulgent that we may forget our duties and priorities to people and relationships every day. This is choosing achievements, one you have not seen and one that may never be over one you can create 'now' and one you can feel now. Strange that we postpone and shove a joy that is in proximity in the faith that 'all the effort in apparently sacrificing those ordinary little blissful moments' somehow will be compensated after the calendar year.
That I can run and stop to tie my lace, that I can feel hopeful of my favorite show in the evening, that I can be proud of myself for a day well lived revering time and God's another day of mercy. That I can be at service to others if I choose to and deny myself sometimes, that there is so much left to know and so many others things to be sensitive about, so many people to be grateful to, so many lists to make, so much character to be shown in doing your own things and making wise and potent decisions. I make one right now: To keep long term plans...the man this boy is going to become but not to glorify them. For now, my allegiance lies towards the next 5 hours...My everyday moment of truth ( of ordinary gratitude to God's abundance for allowing me to be his instrument in extra-ordinary ways.)

No comments: