Monday, March 31, 2008

The Joy of being Joyful

Today morning, I was thinking of the challenges facing me and the day that awaits me. Challenges and problems never bring a smile to one's face. It can, I don't deny that. When you reach a place where you accept trials and tribulations with a big heart and try to be worthy of your suffering, I don't see why even this can't then be a virtue: To pursue dignity of suffering
In all this, I remembered the Manchester United v/s AS Roma leg which is going to be aired LIVE at midnight. Suddenly there was a smile on my face. What happened now that suddenly I couldn't recall the same 'challenges' that could never allow a smile? It is the joy of being joyful. What If I never liked Manchester United? What if I never watched EPL? One joy less for the day? Or no joy at all for the day? Somehow I have developed a liking for EPL and MANU but what has happened now is that all these little things that I like and keep track of helps me be more of myself everyday. Its a personal joy. If college lectures are cancelled, its a joy shared by all. But when I did a recce of the paper and learned that the match is held today, I thanked God for allowing me to feel joyful of time to come...this Joy may work its way into me being more sincere with other activities and commitments preceding it. It may see me more cheerful towards people and they many never even know what hit me. It was joy for joy, the joy of things to come that God prepares for me, a little banquet. He makes (allows) me develop tastes and hobbies, fancy clubs and teams so that this joy may aid my day as a paltry hope sustaining a day of my life and conversations with friends, an aid to discover myself and live in another Hope of all the very same 'tastes' and fascinations that God has in store for me...

No comments: